Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Mom is Truly Amazing...EVERYONE Needs to Know


My mother is the modern day Mother Teresa. She’s a Perfect example of how to be Compassionate, Loving & Supportive. She’s Unselfish, Faithful, Funny, Determined and my Inspiration. Oh and you can’t forget Rambunctious! If you looked up WONDER WOMAN it would say ANDREA! I owe everything to her. She has helped me to find good in bad situations and continue to strive for a better life. She was a single mom raising my brother and I, working and going to school; a Great Pillar of Strength. I  was 20 yrs old, independent, modeling & working when I got real sick. I had a stroke paralyzing me, was sent to UCLA for 31days than rehab to learn to walk, talk, read &write. I’ve baffled the Dr’s the last 23yrs. The Stroke was the start of my health demise & any future in Fashion. Life as I knew it was no longer.
I have Lupus SLE, Fibromyalgia, had to have 2major back surgeries (suffering nerve damage) I’m in pain 24/7 and struggle with migraines. I’ve had several major STROKES and TIA’s, I’ve flat-lined & come back…God's not ready for me yet!
 I’m disabled, 44 yrs old now & was finally dx with SNEDDON SYNDROME. I am ALIVE today because the Strength my mom instilled in me. She encourages & helps me to cope DAILY! She’s always believed in me. She’s shown me how to have Faith. She taught me to be + and push thru the pain & obstacles thrown @me. I’ve learned how to, by her examples. She struggles financially and puts her own wants aside & others needs first! She sacrifices her Dreams and Desires so others can have theirs.

She’s been the Stability in my sons life (me being a single mom & in the hospital MOST of his) Taz was a Miracle baby and Dr’s had advised termination, but I felt he was Gods gift to me due to all the circumstances surrounding. People say I’m an Inspiration to them when they hear my story, I can only attribute it to my moms example to me.
 If I could be a speck of the Woman she is I’d be Proud.

Her health isn’t great so she’s retiring @65, if she can manage 3more yrs. She’d love a home of her own & to go on a vacation, etc. but has given to everyone else’ needs neglecting her own future & retirement. I just found out she used her SAVINGS to help my son go to FIDM so he can achieve his Dreams. I can Never repay her! I want the Universe to know How Incredibly Wonderful she is. I want to Introduce to the world my Beautiful Supportive Compassionate Mother.

 If there is anyway anyone out there can help me do so I would be Eternally Grateful. She’s My Inspiration, my Rainbow on a gloomy day. She’s the Sunshine in Everyone’s life. I want her to know she’s made a Huge Difference in the lives of EVERYONE she touches.

She puts Laughter in my heart, a hop in my step and INSPIRES me to be the Very Best Version of ME that I can be. 

Mother, I Love you to Heaven and back...Thank You!

Your Daughter,


Robyn